Shorter days, twinkle lights….and a beautiful pack of fresh snow. The perfect time to add a little bit of warmth to your mornings. No complicated recipe, just a few additives that will make your morning a bit more jolly!
Mind that I use walnut oil instead of the all over celebrated coconut oil…. Why? First reason is that I don’t like the salty flavour of coconut oil. Second is that walnut oil is a lot cheaper. Third and not least: walnut oil contains less calories.
- 500 grams of mixed nuts (I use macadamia, pecan, almond, hazelnut and cashew)
- 3 table spoons of broken linseed
- 3 table spoons of walnut oil
- 3 table spoons of ‘speculaas’ spices
- 100 grams ‘Super goodness super grains’ (I use Quaker with oats, quinoa, linseed & barley)
- Grated orange peel (one orange)
- 4 table spoons dried cranberries (soaked in boiled water)
Preheat the oven to 170/180 degrees Celsius. Chop the nuts coarsely (food processor or in bag with rolling pin). Let the cranberries wallow in boiled water. Let them leak on kitchen paper. Add these to the nut mix. Add linseed, walnut oil, ‘speculaas’ spices and grated orange peel to the mixture and stir well. Sprinkle the mixture out on a baking tray with baking paper. Leaving it to roast for 30 minutes at 170/180 degrees. If you fancy drizzle some honey over the mix and let it cool down…. Tasty!